RE: [John Muir Trail] wood burning stove that charges batteries

  • Don Amundson
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 23, 2010
      Interesting stove--but will it brush your teeth also?  Kidding aside there are restrictions on wood burning stoves.  As I remember anywhere on the JMT where fires are prohibited so are wood burning stoves.

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: outhiking_55@...
      Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 06:44:48 -0800
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] wood burning stove that charges batteries

      Here is a new stove that burns wood and generates power to recharge batteries. At 15 ounces its too heavy for me but some of you might be interested. Not sure if its on the market yet and I'd wait to see some reviews first.

      http://biolitestove.com/BioLite.html