RE: [John Muir Trail] Stream crossings N of Muir Pass?

  • Vera Lehmkuhl
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 22, 2005
      thanks Jeff,
      If I were a bettin' woman I'd say Couhglins but the elastic skull cap doesn't sound like theirs...please check out the brand...they all look so ackward...:)

      Singewald <singewald@...> wrote:
      Vera,

      Not sure about a brand. I found it at the local "army-navy" surplus store.
      It is called a ring head net as it has several flexible rings that keep the
      netting several inches off your face and neck. Additionally, it has a
      "skull-cap" sewn into the top with a piece of elastic that keeps in sitting
      perfectly on your head. At the bottom there is a draw string that can be
      pulled to maintain a closer fit at the lower neck. It was so comfortable
      and flexible that I could even sleep with it on.

      What I liked most about it was that it enabled me not to use the Deet on my
      face/neck. I only used Deet on my exposed hands.

      The store is just around the corner so I will stop by there tomorrow and
      check out the brand.

      Jeff