Re: [John Muir Trail] JMT Resupply.

  • Vera Lehmkuhl
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 22, 2005
      HI SLY!! :)

      Good luck with your hike...I came here to get help and info while planning an aborted summer JMT hike...
      welcome,
      vera

      slyatpct@... wrote:
      Hi,

      New to the list and was wondering about resupplying on the JMT next month
      starting Sept 10th.

      I'd like to resupply as I go and a rough itinerary has me at:

      Toulemne Meadows 9/12

      Read's Meadow 9/15

      VVR 9/17 (mail drop)

      Independence 9/24

      Anyone know if all the stores will be open and if Independence has a grocery?
      I may just skip Independence and carry enough out of VVR adding a couple
      days to my maildrop from the store although I dread the extra weight.

      Any other late season issues I should be concerned about? I plan on carrying
      adequate clothing, driducks, a tarp and a 20* bag.

      I'll probably have time, is there a seasonal fishing license? Are there
      fish? (I'm a novice) The best spots and/or maybe a website I can look at?

      Thanks,

      Sly

      John muir trail High sierras Alaska outdoors Great outdoors Oregon trail Portland trail blazer ticket