Re: [John Muir Trail] Bear Vault vs. Bearikade

  • Frank Martin
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 21 1:26 PM
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Prapanna Smith <prapanna@e...>
      wrote:
      > That's about 40 miles a day!! Where on the web is there some
      > information/proof of this incredible feat?
      >
      > Prapanna

      Here is Prapanna.

      http://www.montrail.com/assets/Misc%20Copy/horton_log.htm

      There are various records for PCT (as I understand). This is a record
      for a supported hike.

      There was a Englishman out there this year I think his trailname was
      'Squeaky' who started at the 'kickoff' and was well into Oregon in
      early July. His hike was unsupported.

      Considering the conditions out there this year really an incredible
      journey for all. I really have a lot of respect for PCT Class of 2005.
      Amazing year.