Next summer?

  • Barbara Karagosian
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 5, 2010
      I'm sitting in my office staring at my photos of Marie Lake, Wanda Lake, Silver Pass, and do on. I want to be back there so badly!
      I'm thinking of doing either MTR to Whitney or Kearsage to Whitney. Not sure of a start date yet, it depends on my daughter's college choices. Anyone out there who might be interested in joining me? I'm a leisurely hiker; can average 10 mpd but prefer to average 8.

      Cheers, Barbara
    • Linda Reitz
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 5, 2010
        Barbara, I hike about the same on the trail and still need to bag Kearsage to Whitney. that is the only part I am missing. Usually I hike alone, but you know how that is on the trail, we sooner or later end up with someone. One year I ended up with Amanda who is also on this site, a great hiking partner. I am 63 and hiked 130 miles of trail this year, Actually had a 300 mile summer with my back on including all my trips and training. Just love hiking. If the time you want to go works out with my schedule I would love to join you.
        Linda

        I'm sitting in my office staring at my photos of Marie Lake, Wanda Lake, Silver Pass, and do on. I want to be back there so badly!
        I'm thinking of doing either MTR to Whitney or Kearsage to Whitney. Not sure of a start date yet, it depends on my daughter's college choices. Anyone out there who might be interested in joining me? I'm a leisurely hiker; can average 10 mpd but prefer to average 8.

        Cheers, Barbara

      • robert shattuck
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 5, 2010
          Barbara,

          It's so much nicer to think of "MPD" than "MPG" isn't it . . .

          bob

          forkfestreview.blogspot.com
          sparklefart.blogspot.com

          To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
          From: barbara@...
          Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 10:58:52 -0700

          I'm sitting in my office staring at my photos of Marie Lake, Wanda Lake, Silver Pass, and do on. I want to be back there so badly!
          I'm thinking of doing either MTR to Whitney or Kearsage to Whitney. Not sure of a start date yet, it depends on my daughter's college choices. Anyone out there who might be interested in joining me? I'm a leisurely hiker; can average 10 mpd but prefer to average 8.

          Cheers, Barbara

        • LEBRUN
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 5, 2010
            I know how you feel -- started planning another hike -- Squaw Valley to Mt Whitney.

            Bruce
            JMT 2009 and 2010 south to north.

            On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Barbara Karagosian <barbara@...> wrote:

            I'm sitting in my office staring at my photos of Marie Lake, Wanda Lake, Silver Pass, and do on. I want to be back there so badly!
            I'm thinking of doing either MTR to Whitney or Kearsage to Whitney. Not sure of a start date yet, it depends on my daughter's college choices. Anyone out there who might be interested in joining me? I'm a leisurely hiker; can average 10 mpd but prefer to average 8.

            Cheers, Barbara

          • Don Amundson
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 5, 2010
              Barbara--Why do you do these things?  I'm working on two hikes already for next year and then you plant another seed.  When you get a rough time frame let us know. Have you been frying out there in your neighborhood?

              Don

              To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com

                From: barbara@...
                Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 10:58:52 -0700