Panasonic Lumix GF2 preview

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2010
      Another, more indepth preview came into google reader today on this camera. Hope some expert backpacking photographers take a shot at this camera and give us feedback someday.

      Sent to you by Roleigh Martin via Google Reader:

      via Engadget by Vlad Savov on 11/4/10

      At first glance, sitting all on its lonesome like that, the GF2 might forgivably be perceived as just another mundanely incremental upgrade on what was already a lauded predecessor in the Lumix GF1. But, for once, our pessimism was not borne out by the facts -- far from it. With the GF2, Panasonic has somehow managed to shrink its smallest Micro Four Thirds shooter even further, by a reported 19 percent, and the difference in handling is tangible. The Japanese giant has also lightened the load by seven percent, thrown in a new touchscreen-centric UI, and, predictably, upped the video ante to 720/60p or 1080/60i recording in AVCHD format. Join us after the break to see what we thought of this delicious new recipe for pseudo-pocketable large-sensor shooting.

      Please note: Panasonic has not yet finalized the GF2's firmware, meaning that the sample images and video below may not necessarily be indicative of the quality you'll get from the final product.

      Continue reading Panasonic Lumix GF2 preview

      Panasonic Lumix GF2 preview originally appeared on Engadget on Thu, 04 Nov 2010 17:43:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

      Things you can do from here: