Re: [John Muir Trail] Bear Vault difficulties?

  • Vera Lehmkuhl
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 18, 2005
      with little wrist or hand strength and not much angle... it was incredibly difficult for me to get it to "click" past the tab...I just couldn't get enuf umpf...so much so that I, like the bear, was about to smash it so I could eat....this happened in the stock room of the gear store I manage...Janie the owner and my hiking partner was rotflhao, UNTIL, I handed it to her.....hehehe..

      vera

      John Lovaas <jlovaas@...> wrote:
      Could someone explain how it is difficult to open the Bear Vaults? By that
      I mean, could you describe the specific issue? I received two BV-300s
      yesterday, and have no problem opening or closing them. It is a single tab
      on the lid and a single tab on the container that engage/disengage- seems
      remarkably straightforward. I wish "adult-proof" jar tops were this easy to
      operate.

      jl

      Yahoo! Groups Links