Re: [John Muir Trail] What's your Favorite Rain Jacket? and Favorite Down Jacket?

  • Linda Reitz
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 17, 2010
      I have a super light weight Montbell jaket and pants that worked great in light rain BUT down pours or even long lasting light rain got me soaked. The good news was I tried out very fast. I did re-water-proof the pair before heading out on JMT this summer, but they still did not hold up to one hour of rain and hail coming down from Mather Pass. I used the product recommended especially for the fabric.
      Linda