Re: How heavy was your pack?

  • Ann Pfeil
    Message 1 of 28 , Oct 14, 2010
      Aloha All!

      Having hiked this year for a short time with "Joe" who left Muir Trail Ranch with a pack weighing in at 18 pounds I was heartsick when mine weighed in at 29 pounds with 7.5 days of food in that dang bear can and 1.5 liters of water. (Admittedly approximately two pounds of it was electronics --cel phone, charger, camera, GPS, iPod, pocketmail, etc.)  I'm personally thinking the scale was wrong because my pack sure felt a heck of a lot heavier than that!  I commend those that can carry more weight if they want and can do so comfortably.  IPersonally 'll be working on trying to get my total weight much lower!  "I thought I was gonna die!" on the uphills!

      Aloha! Ann