How heavy was your pack

  • Amanda L Silvestri
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2010
      My pack gets up to about 35 lbs with food and water. I tend to carry too much of both as these are the two things I never want to run out of. I know that there is a lot of water along the JMT and I always seem to have at least an extra litter still on me each time I fill-up. I think this comes from hiking in the the So. Cal. deserts too much. Food is a tough one. I never eat as much as I think I will and I have found that I don't feel like cooking following a full day of hiking, so I am now going cold-food on any hikes of a week or less. Cutting back on food and water should put me between 20-25 lbs. total weight. I use a Mariposia Pack, a Gatewood Cape for a shelter, a Big Agnes Lost Ranger sleeping Bag and a Thermarest Neo-air mattress.

      Amanda