Bear Vault difficulties?

  • John Lovaas
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 18, 2005
      Could someone explain how it is difficult to open the Bear Vaults? By that
      I mean, could you describe the specific issue? I received two BV-300s
      yesterday, and have no problem opening or closing them. It is a single tab
      on the lid and a single tab on the container that engage/disengage- seems
      remarkably straightforward. I wish "adult-proof" jar tops were this easy to
      operate.

      jl
    • Frank Martin
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 18, 2005
        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "John Lovaas" <jlovaas@m...> wrote:
        > Could someone explain how it is difficult to open the Bear Vaults?
        By that
        > I mean, could you describe the specific issue? I received two BV-300s
        > yesterday, and have no problem opening or closing them. It is a
        single tab
        > on the lid and a single tab on the container that engage/disengage-
        seems
        > remarkably straightforward. I wish "adult-proof" jar tops were this
        easy to
        > operate.
        >
        > jl

        If you go to the Bear vault website and follow the Links to "Reviews".

        http://www.backpackgeartest.org/bearvault/

        http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/00318.html

        These reviews came from their own website. These test are for earlier
        models, but all make some mention of the lid being hard to open.

      • Vera Lehmkuhl