Re: Elevation

  • BillHilton
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 4, 2010
      check out this available CD http://www.silcom.com/~mtnimage/ I have used it for years, gives milages, elevations, photos of all trails in the Sierras. I bought it 10 years ago and have updated it. I assumed he is still in business as his web page still exists. I am very high on it.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, David & Rachel <rachelanddave@...> wrote:

      > Does anybody know of a free tool that let's you calculate the mileage and ascent/descent between certain points on the jmt?

    • Kim Fishburn
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 4, 2010
        I've always liked these CD's but I consider the southern one to be the better of the two. Since he's in Santa Barbara I figured he'd hiked the southern sierras more. There are also a lot of photos from a few cross country routes he'd done such as the Recesses off of Mono Creek and the Lake Italy area.

        check out this available CD http://www.silcom.com/~mtnimage/ I have used it for years, gives milages, elevations, photos of all trails in the Sierras. I bought it 10 years ago and have updated it. I assumed he is still in business as his web page still exists. I am very high on it.

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, David & Rachel <rachelanddave@...> wrote:

        > Does anybody know of a free tool that let's you calculate the mileage and ascent/descent between certain points on the jmt?

      • Amanda L Silvestri
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 5, 2010
          This looks to be a great resource that combines the information that I have scattered among many books, maps, photographs and WEB Sites into one easy to use tool. I have just ordered it and can't wait to start "walking" the trails.

          Amanda