Re: [John Muir Trail] camping on top of Mt. Whitney

  • Carole Warner
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 2, 2010
      Peter,

      I'm here at Muir Trail Ranch, and Pat is asking me to ask you what you'd like her to do with your other resupply bucket.  Could you e-mail here and tell her whether you'd like her to send it back to you or just donate it to other hikers (or whatever)?  Thanks!

      Carole

      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 2, 2010
        This is David Carbiener.  I received this email a few minutes ago, but the email was addressed to Peter.  Did you intend to send this email to me?  I did have one bucket for my son Dillon Carbiener that did not arrive at MTR during our JMT trip last month.

        Thank you,
        David

        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 5, 2010
          When I did the JMT there was a group from Maryland that slept inside the cabin. One was a serious photographer who wanted to be at the peak at ohdarkthirty before sunrise. When I saw him later and asked about the sunrise, he replied "It was OK..."

          I slept near the trail intersection that same night with a few others. Sure, it was cramped, but seeing shooting stars around me was a moment I'll never forget. Winds were calm and the cold was bareable.

          There are also a few cleared areas on the summit where one can pitch a tent.