Andrew Skurka

  • outhiking_55
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2010
      I know its not on topic, but I think a lot of people would be interested to know that Andrew Skurka is days from finishing his 4720 mile hike in Alaska. I can't even imagine a hike that long.

      http://www.andrewskurka.com/AK10/index.php
    • Kim Fishburn
      Message 2 of 5 , May 8, 2011
        I saw Andrew Skurka last night at the 25th Anniversary Annual meeting of the Superior Hiking Trail Assn. He did a talk on camping gear and his recent 4,700 mile hike through Alaska. I really enjoyed it. He's got a new book coming out but you can buy the pre copy of it now from his website. If you get a chance go see him. He's a very good speaker.

        Kim

        http://www.andrewskurka.com/

      • Judy Young
        Message 3 of 5 , May 9, 2011
          I had the opportunity to attend Andrew's AK presentation & his light weight gear seminar in Feb in Louisville, KY. It was great!  He will be doing these programs at The Gathering, the Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Assoc (ALDHA) Conference. The Gathering will be at North Adams Mass at the Mass College Of Liberal Arts  Oct 7 -9.  Check out the website for more info...   www.aldha.org
          This is my first post.  I have been reading, "lurking" for a while.  I appreciate all the great info.  I will be hiking the JMT aug 11 - Sept 11. Can't wait...its been on my "bucket list" for a while.
          GrayJay

          P.S.  I tried sending this message earlier, but have had computer/internet problems. If this went thru & this is a repeat, I apologize.
        • Barbara Karagosian
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 16 9:16 PM
            I read a Tweet today that Andrew Skurka started the JMT from Happy Isles today. He's tweeting a daily Spot location.

            Barbara
            Typos by iPad
          • Kim Fishburn
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 17 11:03 AM
              Looks like he did 31 miles his first day and camped in Lyell Canyon. At that rate he'll finish in about a week.

              https://twitter.com/#!/andrewskurka