- I know its not on topic, but I think a lot of people would be interested to know that Andrew Skurka is days from finishing his 4720 mile hike in Alaska. I can't even imagine a hike that long.
- I saw Andrew Skurka last night at the 25th Anniversary Annual meeting of the Superior Hiking Trail Assn. He did a talk on camping gear and his recent 4,700 mile hike through Alaska. I really enjoyed it. He's got a new book coming out but you can buy the pre copy of it now from his website. If you get a chance go see him. He's a very good speaker.
- I had the opportunity to attend Andrew's AK presentation & his light weight gear seminar in Feb in Louisville, KY. It was great! He will be doing these programs at The Gathering, the Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Assoc (ALDHA) Conference. The Gathering will be at North Adams Mass at the Mass College Of Liberal Arts Oct 7 -9. Check out the website for more info... www.aldha.orgThis is my first post. I have been reading, "lurking" for a while. I appreciate all the great info. I will be hiking the JMT aug 11 - Sept 11. Can't wait...its been on my "bucket list" for a while.GrayJayP.S. I tried sending this message earlier, but have had computer/internet problems. If this went thru & this is a repeat, I apologize.
- I read a Tweet today that Andrew Skurka started the JMT from Happy Isles today. He's tweeting a daily Spot location.
Typos by iPad
- Looks like he did 31 miles his first day and camped in Lyell Canyon. At that rate he'll finish in about a week.https://twitter.com/#!/andrewskurka
From: Barbara Karagosian <barbara@...>
To: forum JMT <email@example.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 11:16 PM
Subject: [John Muir Trail] Andrew SkurkaI read a Tweet today that Andrew Skurka started the JMT from Happy Isles today. He's tweeting a daily Spot location.
Typos by iPad