Re: Weather report and forecast

  • rwilly001
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2010
      Here are a couple more that might be useful. Elevation differences and other localized conditions make it tough to get good reports, but you get a workable idea when you lump them all together:
      http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/tenday/CAFSAAWA:13
      http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=rev&smap=1&textField1=37.939583333333&textField2=-119.24375

      This can come in handy too:
      http://twitter.com/MammothInfo
    • John
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2010
        Not a forecast, but you can get real time temps at various locations in the Sierra at the CDEC snow pillow site. This can give you an idea of what the temps are (and have been). The one for Tuolumne is http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?TUM
        The low this morning was 31 degrees.

        JD
        www.johndittli.com

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Jackalopes" <ron@...> wrote:

        > We are going from Tuolumne Meadows to Reds Meadows September 8-14. When I look at weather sites they vary by 10 degrees. What is a good site to see a real Tuolumne Meadows report and forecast?

      • Randy
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2010
          I like the site CDEC site John mentioned. http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?s=crl

          I have been watching Charlotte Lake to see what the temps are at higher elevations. Looks like the low was 31 last night. Much warmer than  Sunday! (CRL is the station ID for Charlotte Lake, and TMM and TUM are for Tuolumne)

          Hey vwdan20012001 and Jackalopes,  I also will be on the trail at the same time as you. I expect to hit Tuolumne on the 9th and Reds on the 13th. Look for a guy with funny mesh gloves on and say hello!!

          Randy