  • hmdsierra
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2010
      I came across this quote and thought it fit this group to a JMT.

      To those who have struggled with them, the mountains reveal beauties they will not disclose to those who make no effort. That is the reward the mountains give to effort and it is because they have so much to give and give it so lavishly to those who will wrestle with them that men love the mountains and go back to them again and again. The mountains reserve their choice gifts for those who stand on their summits. - Sir Francis Youngblood
    • ed_rodriguez52@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2010
        Thanks so true, words to live by both on and off the trail

        From: hmdsierra <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
        Sender: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 00:38:57 -0000
        To: <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [John Muir Trail] Quote

        I came across this quote and thought it fit this group to a JMT.

        To those who have struggled with them, the mountains reveal beauties they will not disclose to those who make no effort. That is the reward the mountains give to effort and it is because they have so much to give and give it so lavishly to those who will wrestle with them that men love the mountains and go back to them again and again. The mountains reserve their choice gifts for those who stand on their summits. - Sir Francis Youngblood

      • John
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2010
          Wait, wheres the "like" button.
          Great quote, thanks for sharing it.

          JD
          www.johndittli.com

          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, hmdsierra <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > I came across this quote and thought it fit this group to a JMT.
          >
          > To those who have struggled with them, the mountains reveal beauties they will not disclose to those who make no effort. That is the reward the mountains give to effort and it is because they have so much to give and give it so lavishly to those who will wrestle with them that men love the mountains and go back to them again and again. The mountains reserve their choice gifts for those who stand on their summits. - Sir Francis Youngblood

        • The Cisco Kid
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 31, 2010
            LIKE

            RichardC
            "I'm in the Mountains, not over the Hill".