resupply by mule?

  • Laura Vandezande
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 19, 2005
      Hi,

      I am hiking the JMT starting Aug. 4th in Yosemite. I was wondering if anybody knows
      much about resupplying by mule/horse? We want to resupply near Rae Lakes or Cathedral
      Lake...

      We have been trying to contact the Onion Valley Outfitters, but I thought someone else
      might have experience or a recommendation.

      Thanks,
      Laura
    • Clinton Cleveland
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 20, 2005
        Hi,
        These people will come resupply you with llamas:
        http://www.qnet.com/~sierramel/contact.html
        I haven't used their services, but the idea is certianly appealing.
        Saw some llamas on the trail recently and they were adorable.
        Clint

        --
        Clinton Cleveland
        1462 San Bruno Ave.

      • Mike Pust
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 20, 2005
          Clint made a very good suggestion. I have llamas that
          I pack with and, while I'm not so sure about adorable,
          they are very functional. I have three newborn crias,
          by the way, that are adorable. One was just born
          today.
          Mike

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs