[John Muir Trail] Re: Trail conditions

  • Frank Martin
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2005
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, sandy paterson
      <sandypaterson52@y...> wrote:
      > I am starting on the JMT from Lyell Canyon traihead on the 15 th
      JUly. Can anyone give me any advice on how I get from Merced/Yosemite
      to Tuolomne Meadows ? I am from the UK and basically know how to get
      to merced and Yosemite but not how to get to Tuolomne.

      > If you are on the trail around the 15th look out for a pair of Scots
      and an englishman struggling through the snow.

      > Sandy

      YARTS goes to Tuolomne

      http://www.yarts.com/

      good luck

    • Ewa Bialkowski
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 19, 2011
        We are passed Rosalie Lake. Snow makes for slow going. Not all tracks in the snow are safe to follow. Nav can be tricky Snow melting fast and conditions are changing daily.

        Ewa