Tent rental in the SF Bay Area

  • brinduc
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 3, 2010
      Hello,

      A friend is thinking of joining me and my son on the hike from Tenaya Lake to Red's Meadow. We don't have nay more space in our 2 person tent.

      Any recommendations where we can rent a one person tent in the Bay Area?

      Thanks again,
      Laura
    • jennifer meek
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 3, 2010
        Hi Laura,

        These guys are the only ones I know of and they are in SF:

        http://www.outdooradventureclub.com/lombardi-rental.html

        Good luck!
        Jen

        > A friend is thinking of joining me and my son on the hike
        > from Tenaya Lake to Red's Meadow. We don't have nay more
        > space in our 2 person tent.
        >
        > Any recommendations where we can rent a one person tent in
        > the Bay Area?
        >
        > Thanks again,
        > Laura

        >     johnmuirtrail-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • Sam Rohlfs
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 3, 2010
          REI rents gear.

          On Aug 3, 2010, at 10:04 AM, jennifer meek <coonies@...> wrote:

          Hi Laura,

          These guys are the only ones I know of and they are in SF:

          http://www.outdooradventureclub.com/lombardi-rental.html

          Good luck!
          Jen

          > A friend is thinking of joining me and my son on the hike
          > from Tenaya Lake to Red's Meadow. We don't have nay more
          > space in our 2 person tent.
          >
          > Any recommendations where we can rent a one person tent in
          > the Bay Area?
          >
          > Thanks again,
          > Laura

          >     johnmuirtrail-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        • Kim Fishburn
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 3, 2010
            REI

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 4, 2010
              Kim,

              What kind of permit are you talking about?
              Say I go in today, I will only obtain the permit for the back-country trail starting tomorrow, so how can I camp today?

              Appreciate it.
              Laura

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 4, 2010
                If you don't have a reservation for a hiking permit get it as early the day before your planned start day as possible. Once you have that permit you can get into the backpackers camping by showing them your hiking permit. You can stay in the backpackers campground one day before your hike, and one day after you finish.

                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 4, 2010
                  Thanks so much, it's clear now.