RE: [John Muir Trail] Cap 1 only long johns or also montbell down liners

  • robert shattuck
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2 7:11 PM
      leave the down pants . . . and unless you're really freaked about getting your lower half sprinkled on or wet, leave the rain pants . . . they'll just turn into a sauna.

      BOB

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: underwoodjjd@...
      Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 12:52:25 -0700
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] Cap 1 only long johns or also montbell down liners

      I keep going back and forth on bringing my 8 oz down montbell pants in addition to my patag cap 1 long johns.  I am bringing the down jacket.

      I realize I can always go into my bag at night if it is cold, but the option of being able to be outside if I wanted or if it get really cold sounds good.  I am bringing rain pants.

      Any thoughts on this?  The consensus I have those I have spoken to so far is "leave them".

      Thanks.

    • ed_rodriguez52@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4 12:28 PM
        I sleep with my thermo pants and UL fleece jacket (I have an old down bag). It got really cold about 3 or 4 nights mostly because of the elevation we where in. In the morning I would wear what I sleep in till I got warm up. I ship 9lbs of gear when I got to Independence

        From: Jim Underwood <underwoodjjd@...>
        Sender: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 12:52:25 -0700 (PDT)
        To: <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com>