Re: Entering Manic Mode

  • judyluana
    Message 1 of 40 , Aug 1, 2010
      I would recommend:

      The neo aire by thermarest. My husband got one and I am jealous. I have yet to get mine. Very light, comfortable and easy to pack.

      Skip the liner.

      I have seen the jetboil in use by fellow campers and it seems so clunky. I recommend the pocket rocket. Have used ours for over 8 years without a failure.

      That's my 2 cents worth.

      Aloha.
    • dc t
      Message 40 of 40 , Aug 11, 2010
        I second what Judy says about hand sanitizer. Having not read all the responses I am sure I will be repeating what others have said, but here goes anyways.  From personal experience, cleanliness is your best defense against any intestinal ailment. Having deployed to the mideast, I am proud to say that my squad was the only squad out of my company that wasn't hit by stomach ailments.  I attribute that to my being a tyrant about washing hands after taking care of "business", ensuring that my guys didn't just pee anywhere and that everything was covered up, away from water points and away from where people would normally go. Always washing before eating. Seems overly simple, but it worked for me.