Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: JMT book

  • thomas taylor
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 16, 2005
      --- David Johnson <dhj@...> wrote:

      > Thanks, I'll look for the PCT book, Vol. 1. Is it
      > still being
      > published?
      >
      > I do have a 1951 Starr's Guide which I use, but I
      > wondered if
      > newer editions had substantial new information.
      >
      > - David J.

      Dave,

      The 12th Edition has the latest updated information.
      There's a later edition (13th or 14th) but it is the
      same as the 12th just larger (viz., regular pocket
      book size). The 12th, and no doubt, earlier are
      smaller, far easier to carry and access, more
      substantially made and, therefore, last longer.

      I purchased a used 12th about 8 years ago for $4.95
      and still have it. It's a great reference.

      Best regards,

      Thomas

      Thomas Taylor
      tgtaylor7@...