Re: [John Muir Trail] Off on my trip (not JMT)

  • LEBRUN
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1 6:53 AM
      Have a great time John..

      I, being the stay behind wife, have been lurking on hubby's JMT list here and following the stories of fire smoke and lightening. You all have made it more 'real'. Groan - LOL.
      Hubby (56) and son (17)  left 7/23 from Horseshoe Meadows and will exit Happy Isles on 8/17 in time to get home for son's senior year at high school to start.
      If any of you passed them, please drop me a line to let me know how they are doing.....or if any of you pass them in the future, please tell them that wife said hi...and I hope that son is doing more reading then watching movies on Ipod :)
      You can't miss them, son is 6'5" and both have the JM-image buttons on hats. They should be leaving Starr's Camp and heading to Evolution Valley today. First trip food drop is in two days at VVR. Hope son hasn't starved yet!
      Thanks in advance,
      Stacy (wife of Bruce)

    • Patt
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1 7:46 AM
           Have a Super Good Hike !

                              Patt

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2 6:40 AM

          Aloha John!

          Thank you for all your sage advice in my getting ready for the upcoming Grand Adventure!  You’ve worked for your hike!  Look forward to chatting upon both returns.  Happy hiking!

          Aloha! Ann

        • Karpani
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3 9:15 AM
            I see you having a YUMMY trek, John!  Thanks again for the opportunity to support you and the Group in your absence.  BTW, the Canyon Creek Lakes trip in the Trinity Alps was AWESOME!  Thanks for all your assist in that place:-)
            Karpani

            I'm leaving today for a 12-day trip on the Pacific Crest Trail just south of the Oregon border.

            If anyone's interested, here's a map

            http://maps. google.com/ maps/ms?hl= en&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=1616+Castro+ St,+San+Francisc o,+California+ 94114&msa=0&msid=10262643001029 7754856.00048970 72e2b286f24ed&ll=41.529142, -122.834015&spn=0.693942, 1.234589&t=p&z=10

            Karpani volunteered to act as moderator for needs that arise while I'm gone.  (Roleigh filed in on my last trip.)

            Enjoy your hikes!  When you get back, please update the trips log with your comments - in future years, others will profit by your experience.  Please comment on snow and streamcrossing issues you encountered.

            For Southbound trips

            http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/johnmuirtr ail/database? method=reportRow s&tbl=4

            For NoBo trips

            http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/johnmuirtr ail/database? method=reportRow s&tbl=5

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 14 9:00 PM
              It is a nice trail, isn't it.  I didn't get up to the lakes on either of my trips.  Too much snow and not enough time on trip one and Anyal bailed on me part way into the next trip.  maybe next year.