908[John Muir Trail] Re: 2005 vs. 1982 Snow

  • hmdsierra
    May 1, 2005
      There really wasn't a lot of guesssork when we did it. Most of the
      trail was visible with small patchs of snow for the most part. An
      added plus was that previous hikers had made a path through the snowy
      parts for us to follow. It was good that we didn't have any problems
      as my son was only 10 years old when we did it.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Vera Lehmkuhl <vjl_47@y...> wrote:
      > ack...one does that by topo maps and compass and general knowledge
      of how to read topos, right? :)