900Re: [John Muir Trail] Red's Meadow Re-supply?

  • Vera Lehmkuhl
    Apr 29 9:08 PM
      sweet but I think prolly we'll just move on after pick up food. It looks to me like MR is just off the trail...a friend recently said that she didn't go there cuz it was WAY off the trail...
      vera

      Rene Aguilar <reneaguilar@...> wrote:
      regarding Muir Ranch, I picked up a resupply there in July 2003 and the horse masseuse/caretaker there said that it is up to the group staying at the ranch, whether or not you can have a meal with them. I take it that many times, they like to hear trail stories, so a meal might be possible!

      Rene

      Vera Lehmkuhl <vjl_47@...> wrote:
      thanks Paul for asking this as I was about to ask the same thing and add Vermillion Valley. I think I did read that Muir Ranch will hold packages but will not let you eat or anything there is that correct?
      vera

      Paul England <pengland@...> wrote:
      Does anyone know if Red's Meadow Resort will hold small re-supply packages? Several years ago, some friends of mine used Red's, but I have read that they do not accept mailed packages. Maybe they only take hand-delivered packages. I am doin the JMT beginning in late August and was hoping to pick up some stuff there.

      Thanks.
      paul