897Re: [John Muir Trail] Red's Meadow Re-supply?

  • thomas taylor
    Apr 29, 2005
      If you are able to resupply at Kearsarge without
      having to go into Lone Pine, you have it made. While
      I have had luck hitching from Lone Pine, there is a
      good chance of a long wait for a ride.

      I wouldn't count on the bear boxes at the Kearsarge
      parking lot as I have had items 'misappropriated' from
      them in the past.

      Thomas

      --- Jim Martin <anasazipottery@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > you have a friend doing all the work. With only one
      > resupply, we were running low toward the end of the
      > trip and resorted to begging for food and fuel which
      > worked surprising well since most weekenders tend to
      > bring too much. Plus, some of the backcountry
      > ranger
      > stations have hiker boxes where you can leave or
      > take
      > food as you need.
      >
      > Have a great trip !!!!
      >
      > WVhikerdude
      > http://209.238.151.128/johnmuirtrail2003.htm
      >

      > --- Paul England <pengland@...> wrote:
      > > Thanks Vera - I have gotten plenty of info - looks
      > > like you can re-supply everywhere!! I'm figuring
      > on
      > > three - Red's, Camp Muir and a friend who is
      > joining
      > > me at Kearsarge Pass. My pack is getting lighter
      > > with each email.
      > > paul
      > >
      > > Vera Lehmkuhl <vjl_47@...> wrote:
      > > thanks..
      > >
      > > Prapanna Smith
      > > wrote:
      > > You can mail yourself a package to the TM Post
      > > Office.

      > > A vast surrender was his only strength.
      > > Savitri Book 3, Canto 2
      > >

      > > On Apr 29, 2005, at 8:31 AM, Vera Lehmkuhl wrote:
      > >
      > > > Can we send packages to Touloume Meadows?
      > > > vera
      > > >
      > > > thomas taylor wrote:
      > > > If they don't, you can take a shuttle from Reds
      > > into
      > > > Mammoth Lakes where there is a post office.
      > > Another
      > > > option would be to resupply at Vermillion or
      > > Touloume
      > > > Meadows - depending on which way you're heading.
      > > >
      > > > Thomas
      > > > --- Paul England
      > > hold
      > > some
      > that
      > > only
      > JMT
      > pick
      > > up

      > > > Best regards,
      > > >
      > > > Thomas
      > > >
      > > > Thomas Taylor
      > > > tgtaylor7@...
      > > > http://profiles.yahoo.com/tgtaylor7

      > Yahoo!
      > > Terms of
      > > > Service.

      > > removed]
      > > >

      > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > > > � To visit your group on the web, go to:
      > > >
      > > > � To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
      > > to:
      > > >
      > > > � Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
      > > Yahoo! Terms of
      > > > Service.

      > > removed]
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > > removed]
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > > removed]

      > > --------------------~-->
      > > Give the gift of life to a sick child.
      > > Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/5iY7fA/6WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/WkiolB/TM

      === message truncated ===

      Best regards,

      Thomas