896Re: [John Muir Trail] Red's Meadow Re-supply?

  • Jim Martin
    Apr 29, 2005
      I hiked the JMT late summer 2003. We only had one
      resupply at Vermillion which is a fun place to stop
      and I highly recommend it. I would skip Red's and
      Muir Ranch in favor of Vermillion.

      Do keep the Kearsarge Pass resupply if possible since
      you have a friend doing all the work. With only one
      resupply, we were running low toward the end of the
      trip and resorted to begging for food and fuel which
      worked surprising well since most weekenders tend to
      bring too much. Plus, some of the backcountry ranger
      stations have hiker boxes where you can leave or take
      food as you need.

      Have a great trip !!!!

      WVhikerdude
      http://209.238.151.128/johnmuirtrail2003.htm