863Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: bearikade

  • JDRows
    Mar 30 8:19 PM
      Vera
      If you pay the postage both ways, you can borrow my weekender. We've
      already had conversations about bear canister use. I still use it for
      food caching. Got a trip in May from South Rim to North Rim and west
      thru the Park, down to the River again, boulder hopping along it and
      then up to Utah. Will have to cache twice. Mostly 7.5 minute map
      navigation without trails and no post offices. For the other cache I
      use a 5-gallon bucket and wrap cayenne laden duct tape around the lid
      seal. Let me know.
      JD

      Dave wrote:

      >The bearikade can be rented from the manufacturer. I almost bought the
      >weekender, but just couldn't spend an additional $110 to save 5 ounces.
      >I bought the Bear Vault which is bigger than the weekender, but smaller
      >than the Expedition. If you need the capacity of the Expedition, look
      >into the rental.
      >
      >Dave
      >--- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Vera Lehmkuhl <vjl_47@y...> wrote:
      >

      >>Hey y'all...
      >>we just looked at the PRICE of the Expedition bearikade...and I can't
      >>

      >believe it costs that much!!! is it really taht much better for a
      >lb? :) Would anyone have one they want to sell? anyone know where to
      >get one used?
      >

      >>Help!!! other suggestions for a good bear cannister?
      >>
      >>vera

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic