8622Re: Lyell Canyon Trailhead is located..... where?

  • John
    May 2 8:13 PM
      Ya Peter, that is the best place to park. If one is not concerned about continuity, they can pick up the "old" JMT right next to that parking lot. It heads up stream to the trail coming in from Tuolumne Lodge.

      JD
      www.johndittli.com

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Peter Burke <pburke@...> wrote:

      > John wrote:
      > >

      > > You can also pick it up at the Tuolumne Lodge, it joins the JMT after
      > > crossing the Lyell Fork at Twin Bridges. Saves a couple of miles from
      > > the campground.
      > >

      > right, I forgot about the bridge. The best long term parking for the
      > area is right a the Ranger Station, with bear boxes for all the smelly
      > stuff all around the lot. We left our truck there last summer for 3
      > weeks, no problems.
      >
      > Peter

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic