8261Re: [John Muir Trail] Please explain the logistics of getting from SF Intl Airport to Yosemite Valley

  • ed_rodriguez52@yahoo.com
    Apr 5, 2010
      If you do fly into sacramento. I know grayhound (down town)has busses that leave to merced though out the day where you can catch the bus into Yosemite Valley

      From: Bgibson <doyle6767@...>
      Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 06:07:11 -0700 (PDT)
      To: <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Please explain the logistics of getting from SF Intl Airport to Yosemite Valley

      I know the question was about the SF airport, but have you consideredf flying into Sacramento?  I did that last year and plan to do it again this summer; the hotels offer a free shuttle ride to their lodgings from the airport, plus to the Amtrak station in the morning which can take you to Yosemite. If you take the morning train, you'll be at Yosemite around noon.  Train part way, bus the last leg of the journey. Was an easy trip and I think total cost from Sacramento to Yosemite was about $35 or so. Seemed easier to me because of fewer transfers.
      Bob