820Re: [John Muir Trail] --> when to hike

  • Vera Lehmkuhl
    Mar 5, 2005
      thanks for the reply...well I hate to tell you but this is exactly what I do and my silly bag (8 years old and seen some miles and polarguard at that) just doesnt' keep me warm. Again anyone have suggests on decent polarguard bags that are true to degree rating?

      thomas taylor <tgtaylor7@...> wrote:
      For low temp (below 0F) consider taking a
      tent,thermorest mattress, 20 degree above zero bag and
      a liner. I did that last winter to save on weight and
      bulk (I have a 40 below bag) and was perfectly warm at
      7 below zero while camped off glacer point road. The
      weather service had predicted 10 above!
      --- Vera Lehmkuhl <vjl_47@...> wrote:

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      To visit your group on the web, go to: