818Re: [John Muir Trail] --> when to hike

  • thomas taylor
    Mar 5, 2005
      For low temp (below 0F) consider taking a
      tent,thermorest mattress, 20 degree above zero bag and
      a liner. I did that last winter to save on weight and
      bulk (I have a 40 below bag) and was perfectly warm at
      7 below zero while camped off glacer point road. The
      weather service had predicted 10 above!

      Best regards,

      Thomas Taylor
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic