8145RE: [John Muir Trail] sleeping pads options?

  • Barbara Karagosian
    Mar 17, 2010

      Thanks Ned!

      From: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com [mailto: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of ned@...
      Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 5:14 PM
      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] sleeping pads options?

      On our most recent Snow Course, one of our students used a down air mattress made by Warmlite:

      http://warmlite. com/down- air-mattress- alone. Considering the ambient temps were down to 12-degrees, when it wasn't snowing, he was warm and insulated from the ground. The rest of us used doubled-up summer pads and some were still cold.

      I don't know if this product is the next new mousetrap out on the market, but it worked for him for winter camping!

      Ned Tibbits, Director
      Mountain Education
      P.O. Box 1477
      South Lake Tahoe , Ca. 96156