812Re: [John Muir Trail] Entry permits dates for July/Aug 2005

  • JD Schaefer
    Mar 4, 2005
      When I went a day early, they made a phone call and changed the entry
      date. Maybe things have changed but a friendly attitude always works
      wonders. When you start out saying "I hear you're the best Ranger in
      the whole Park." They either bar the door or sigh and ask what special
      accomodation you need.
      JD

      Vera Lehmkuhl wrote:

      >they told me the same thing that 1 permit was all you needed...dang...we have a permit for July 31 that I had hoped to trade for Aug 3, 4 or 5 ...bummer oh well. My daughter is having a baby very close to that date and it was a compromise date with our work/store schedule...:) I am such a bad mother...
      >vera
      >
      >Dana Clemensen <dclemensen@...> wrote:
      >
      >I recently called to get my entry permit (Happy Isl - Pass through)
      >for my JMT trip starting Aug 5, 2005 and was told I was the last one
      >to get an entry permit for that day. After talking to the Yosemite
      >Wilderness Permit Office I found out that most of the July and a
      >good part of August for entry permits out of Happy Isl is already
      >full. Anyone who has not called to secure their entry permit to
      >start their JMT trek out of Happy Isl better do so now.
      >
      >I was told I only need an entry permit in order to hike the JMT. Can
      >anyone confirm this for me. Are any other permits needed?? Whitney??
      >
      >Dana Clemensen
      >JMT 2005 Treker N-S
      >Aug 5 - Aug 26
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT