810Re: [John Muir Trail] Entry permits dates for July/Aug 2005

  • Vera Lehmkuhl
    Mar 4, 2005
      they told me the same thing that 1 permit was all you needed...dang...we have a permit for July 31 that I had hoped to trade for Aug 3, 4 or 5 ...bummer oh well. My daughter is having a baby very close to that date and it was a compromise date with our work/store schedule...:) I am such a bad mother...
      vera

      Dana Clemensen <dclemensen@...> wrote:

      I recently called to get my entry permit (Happy Isl - Pass through)
      for my JMT trip starting Aug 5, 2005 and was told I was the last one
      to get an entry permit for that day. After talking to the Yosemite
      Wilderness Permit Office I found out that most of the July and a
      good part of August for entry permits out of Happy Isl is already
      full. Anyone who has not called to secure their entry permit to
      start their JMT trek out of Happy Isl better do so now.

      I was told I only need an entry permit in order to hike the JMT. Can
      anyone confirm this for me. Are any other permits needed?? Whitney??

      Dana Clemensen
      JMT 2005 Treker N-S
      Aug 5 - Aug 26

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT