809Re: [John Muir Trail] Entry permits dates for July/Aug 2005

  • Catra Corbett
    Mar 4, 2005
      I fast packed the JMT last year, did a Yo Yo. I went to the permit office in Yosemite the day before and got my permit. Didn't seem to be a problem. 2003 I did the JMT started at Whitney Portals. Went the day of my trip. Got a permit that morning no problem. It was on a Wed. I think.
      Was planning on fast packing the PCT. I have changed my plans. I will go next year when my schedule is more flexible for a later start date if need be. I was planning on starting May 13th. I was planning on finishing in 80 days. I feel it will be impossible to go that fast with all the snow. If I could go later in June it would work, but can't. I have plans in September.

      I will be doing a Yo Yo Yo on the JMT. I hope to do it in 20 days or less. I plan on just heading to the ranger station in Lone Pine the day I want to start. Mid week seems best to get a permit.
      Hey does anyone know of a person fast packing a triple on the JMT??????
      It should be fun.
      I will start the third week of July..

      Cheers,
      Catra "Dirt Diva"

      Dana Clemensen <dclemensen@...> wrote:

      I recently called to get my entry permit (Happy Isl - Pass through)
      for my JMT trip starting Aug 5, 2005 and was told I was the last one
      to get an entry permit for that day. After talking to the Yosemite
      Wilderness Permit Office I found out that most of the July and a
      good part of August for entry permits out of Happy Isl is already
      full. Anyone who has not called to secure their entry permit to
      start their JMT trek out of Happy Isl better do so now.

      I was told I only need an entry permit in order to hike the JMT. Can
      anyone confirm this for me. Are any other permits needed?? Whitney??

      Dana Clemensen
      JMT 2005 Treker N-S
      Aug 5 - Aug 26

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT