804Re: [John Muir Trail] Entry permits dates for July/Aug 2005

  • thomas taylor
    Mar 4, 2005
      --- Dana Clemensen <dclemensen@...> wrote:

      > I was told I only need an entry permit in order to
      > hike the JMT. Can
      > anyone confirm this for me. Are any other permits
      > needed?? Whitney??

      I believe that's correct. The determining factor is
      status of the entry trailhead's quota for that day.
      If you enter from Happy Isles listing an exit at
      Whitney Portal, the determining factor will be the
      entry days quota at Happy Isles. As long as you have
      Whitney Portal listed as the exit, you won't ave any
      problem on Whitney. Keep in mind that the park
      reeserves a certain percentage for walk-on's. At
      least that is what they use to do.

      =====
      Best regards,

      Thomas