803Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: questions - Food in sleeping bag

  • JD Schaefer
    Mar 4, 2005
      Not wanting to start any flaming but it depends on personal preference.
      If you use odor-protecting food sacks, have smelly feet, stealth camp,
      brush your teeth after eating & not in camp, and want to keep your pack
      weight down, you put your food & toiletries at the bottom of the bag.
      Ask the PCT thru-hikers what they do.
      JD

      Craig wrote:

      >Just occurred to me. Isn't putting any food at all in any way shape or
      >form inside your sleeping bag the absolute last thing you want to do if
      >you're in Bear country?
      >

      >C!

    • Show all 36 messages in this topic