7941Re: [John Muir Trail] Re:Food Drops

    Mar 3, 2010
      Jack, I posted the name of the enforcement ranger who frowned on this.  Now of course, he did not care if the person did it for a close friend, it's the issue of why would a stranger do this for someone when the stranger has to take 1-2 days off work too do the drop with nothing expected in return.  Feel free to contact the ranger I named.

      On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Jack Young <auctionjack@...> wrote:

      "The rangers frown heavily on this type of volunteerism. "

      Hum, I don't believe this.  I've met and number of the rangers and know a retired one very well.  They have encouraged me to do this especially over Kearsarge Pass...which many people of course do.
      Be well,
      Jack Young