7935Re: [John Muir Trail] Food Drops

  • Dan Kronstadt
    Mar 2, 2010
      People often avoid putting their email address directly into messages, to make it harder for them to be picked up by software that scans the net and harvests email addresses, to be used for spam. That's why they might spell out "at" rather than using the @.

      I don't think it matters much - our email addresses are all over the place - for example, in the message headers, on web sites (altho those can be protected), etc - but people do want to feel they have some control in the battle with the bad guys. :-)

      Dan

      Todd Sharp wrote:
       BuehlerBulkFoods

      I pulled the whole string off of the Whitneyportalstore.com website.

      By looking at it I will have to say that the correct address would be

      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic