792Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: questions

  • Vera Lehmkuhl
    Mar 1, 2005
      JD,
      freeze dried meals like Mtn House? what no lipton noodles? :) Does toothbrush need to go in? Has anyone tried those odor blocking bags from ...ack who...hmmm oh Alosac?
      vera

      JD Schaefer <jdrows@...> wrote:
      With proper planning and reduced calories, I got 9-days of food into the
      Bearikade Weekender that lasted from MTR to Whitney. I confess to
      yogi-ing a bit of food from Whitney to Whitney Portal, but it can be
      done. The meals of the day that you resupply at MTR can be carried out
      of the can. Eliminate all extraneous meal packaging. Cook in pot, not
      in pouches. Just use freeze dried meals. Snacks of GORP can fit in
      nooks and crannies. Remember that tootpaste, sun block and other odor
      items need to go in can at night.

      Some caloric deficit is ok, but . . .

      JD

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT