      From: Vera Lehmkuhl
      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:24 PM
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Introduction

      Hi again Tony and everyone.
      well its almost official...My hiking partner, Jane, decided that its a go, we called and got a date, July 31 to start from Happy Valley to Little Yosemite now all that's left is to break it to my pregnant daughter that I am leaving on the 29th...ack...shes due the 22nd....think good thoughts everyone that she delivers early...please no telling me I'm a bad mother either! :)

      ack, I can't believe it...

      Anthony Zurowski <anthonyzurowski@...> wrote:
      Hello Vera:
      Tony here in Los Angeles--planning on doing the trail north to south solo in late June. Would love to talk and help if I can. First off, forget the bear bag-hanging...the parks require a bear cannister these days...you can rent or buy...but you probably know that.
      Let me know if I can help in any way.
      Cheers,
      Tony

      V <vjl_47@...> wrote:

      Hello all,
      as a long time yahoo hiking group member I will do what I encourage
      others to do when they join and will introduce myself. I'm Vera or
      the Missing Kink from Indiana. I work as store manager of a small
      gear store here. My boss and I are contemplating doing the JMT this
      summer. I am a long time AT section hiker and have hiked all over the
      midwest...NOTHING like CA. I came close to getting on the PCT a
      couple of years ago when I was near San Diego in the MTns at a Girl
      Scout camp...wow beautiful scenary!

      I am enjoying the photos. A friend of mine hiked the JMT last year
      solo in June and since it was a dry year said it was outstanding. My
      hiking partner has done quite a lot of western hiking with her
      husband. I have been counseled to put my bear bag in bushes so that a
      bear doesnt' roll it into a river!..:) I found this to be amusing yet
      frightening! :) Needless to say this newbie needs some help...:) so
      tolerance please as I pepper you with questions...

      thanks more later,
      vera

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT