783Re: [John Muir Trail] Introduction

  • Anthony Zurowski
    Mar 1, 2005
      Dear Vera:
      Howdy...Tony in LA...you're getting good advice from the folks in the group. I'm going solo June 27 to July something. So I expect some snow and cold still. I get my permits from the Yosemite Association(209 372 0740)--leaving from Happy Isles/Little Yosemite and, yes, they affix a special tab for the Whitney Zone...easy as pie...but do it soon for your prefered entry date. I'm hoping the resupply issues resolve themselves in a dream.

      V <vjl_47@...> wrote:

      Hello all,
      as a long time yahoo hiking group member I will do what I encourage
      others to do when they join and will introduce myself. I'm Vera or
      the Missing Kink from Indiana. I work as store manager of a small
      gear store here. My boss and I are contemplating doing the JMT this
      summer. I am a long time AT section hiker and have hiked all over the
      midwest...NOTHING like CA. I came close to getting on the PCT a
      couple of years ago when I was near San Diego in the MTns at a Girl
      Scout camp...wow beautiful scenary!

      I am enjoying the photos. A friend of mine hiked the JMT last year
      solo in June and since it was a dry year said it was outstanding. My
      hiking partner has done quite a lot of western hiking with her
      husband. I have been counseled to put my bear bag in bushes so that a
      bear doesnt' roll it into a river!..:) I found this to be amusing yet
      frightening! :) Needless to say this newbie needs some help...:) so
      tolerance please as I pepper you with questions...

      thanks more later,
      vera

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      \