768Re: the jmt in may?

  • plockey@austin.rr.com
    Jan 27, 2005
      Great pics Snow Nymph. Here's another that might give you pause on a
      May trip. This one is just before the Whitney Summit on August 3:
      http://www.paullockey.com/JMT2004/August3/photos/photo_20.html

      http://www.paullockey.com/JMT2004/August3/photos/photo_34.html

      These are on the trail. Can't imagine what it would be like in May.

      Paul

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Snow Nymph" <snownymph@s...>
      wrote:

      > and here's Ritter & Banner from Mammoth Mountain a year before (May
      > 10, 2003):
      > http://community.webshots.com/photo/72845305/72848789YoQZjH
      >
      > Every year is different, but there will still be a lot of snow out
      > there. We always do our long trips in Aug/Sept
      >

      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Snow Nymph" <snownymph@s...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > May is a little early.
      > >
      > > Photo from Kearsarge Pass May 15, 2004.
      > > http://community.webshots.com/photo/143785644/144389724Sivvia
      > > That's Charlotte Lake in the distance, the JMT goes right by it.
      > >
      > > Photo from Mammoth Mountain on May 22, 2004:
      > > http://community.webshots.com/photo/146120037/146455502qhgcxq
      > Duck
      > > Pass and the Silver Divide is out that way to the right.
      > >
      > > Photo of Whitney June 6, 2004 from Lone Pine Peak:
      > > http://community.webshots.com/photo/150543711/151587857nEtcXa
      > This
      > > is the south end of the JMT.
      > >

      > > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, plockey@a... wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I think that might be one hell of a challenge. I did the JMT
      > last
      > > > summer and through my preparation used a lot of PCT material.
      As