7444Re: [John Muir Trail] Seeking Bearikade Weekender -- borrow or buy

    Feb 2, 2010
      On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 11:26 AM, Peter Burke <pburke@...> wrote:

      can one search the archives of this list?

      If you want to try the Yahoo advanced search function use this link

      But if that does not work (it often won't), you can go to Google and enter this in the search box:

      site:yahoo.com inurl:johnmuirtrail what-I'm looking-for

      I.e., if you enter

      site:yahoo.com inurl:johnmuirtrail bearvault

      and you get 35 "hits" of our postings on the bearvault

      You can also use this to search for a particular author

      site:yahoo.com inurl:johnmuirtrail "roleigh Martin"

      gets 198 hits

      Or a particular author on a particular topic

      site:yahoo.com inurl:johnmuirtrail "roleigh Martin" bearvault

      gets 8 hits

      It's not perfect - sometimes you get a "hit" where one message of a Yahoo-generated message group will be something from Roleigh and another message on the same group will be by someone else about the bearvault.

      I use this sometimes when I can remember writing about something and want to retrieve it

      John Ladd
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic