7371Re: [John Muir Trail] Crawlies and mosquitos

  • First L
    Feb 1 1:18 AM
      Bob, flying in to Mammoth. Our friend's widow lives in Bishop and will provide transportation to the trailhead. (Or bus to Bishop and thumb/taxi to trailhead) Time constraints? We are allowing ten days to Whitney. This is our first JMT hike. Plan to finish it next year. I'll be 60 then. I will practice with the Sierra Stove Titanium till I get it or give up. Looks like fun. I have a Jetboil (great coffee!) and a Primus Etapower. Three of us going. If the SS works out we'll also take the Jetboil and a gas cartridge for making coffee. If I don't like the SS, We'll take the Primus. Thanks!