731Re: JMT - Aug 2005 - N to S - 21 day trip

  • hmdsierra
    Dec 9, 2004
      My then 10 year old son and I did it N-S in 1982. We took 23 hiking
      days and 2 layover days. Our average hiking rate was a bit over 9
      miles per day and the longest was around 13 miles. We resupplied at
      Red's Mdw. and because my friend dropped out there he brought us a
      resupply at Vidette Mdw. He had intended to finish with us from there
      but his knee was still bothering him. Had he not dropped out we would
      have had only the one resupply. We did about the same distance every
      day with some variation. Nights were spent at:
      Cloud's Rest turnoff
      Cathedral Lake
      Middle Tuolumne Mdw
      Rush Creek
      The lake after Shadow Lk
      Red Cones
      Creek befor Purple Lk.
      Fish Ck.
      Mono Ck.
      Bear Creek crossing
      Piute Ck.
      McClure Mdw.
      Muir Hut
      Grouse Mdw.
      Upper Palisaid Lk.
      Lake Marjorie
      Woods Ck. Crossing
      Vidette Mdw.
      South side of Forester Pass
      Wright Ck.
      Guitar Lk.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Dana Clemensen"
      <dclemensen@y...> wrote:

      > I would like to know if anyone has a schedule set up for running the
      > JMT North to South taking 19 - 21 days to complete (Obvious a few
      > layover days). I am being to layout my trip for Aug 2005 and it
      > would be helpful if someone already had a daily mileage planner set
      > up. Thanks
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic