7260[John Muir Trail] Re: The most comprehensive, large detailed JMT map with surrou

  • John
    Jan 26, 2010
      Nope, it doesn't cover the JMT in Yosemite or most of the Ansel Adams; I live by that map almost daily, have since its first printing. A fourth map in the same scale will get you north to TM; USDA Ansel Adams Wilderness map.

      JD
      www.johndittli.com

      > My memopry was the same as Roleigh's - that it covered the entire trail.
      > But when I pull it out and look at the Northern of the 3 sheets, I see that
      > it goes only as far North as just past Red's Meadow. Donohue Pass and
      > Yosemite NP are off the map. Roughly speaking, the Northern sheet covers
      > John Muir Wilderness and vicinity, the Middle sheet Kings Canyon, and the
      > South sheet Sequoia NP.
      >
      > John Curran Ladd
      > 1616 Castro Street
      > San Francisco, CA 94114-3707
      > 415-648-9279
      >

      > On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Roleigh Martin <roleigh@...> wrote:
      >

      > > John, you are not looking at the map collection correctly. One of the 3
      > > maps shows that. Remember there are three maps on two giant sheets of
      > > paper. You have to reverse the one sheet to see the third map. There is a
      > > Northern part, Central Part, and Southern Part. It covers everything. I
      > > know it does. I'm going by memory but know this. I wish I had it in front
      > > of me. Have you looked at all 3 sections?

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic