7257Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: The most comprehensive, large detailed JMT map with surrounding roads, spur trail map set

    Jan 26, 2010
      My memopry was the same as Roleigh's - that it covered the entire trail.  But when I pull it out and look at the Northern of the 3 sheets, I see that it goes only as far North as just past Red's Meadow.  Donohue Pass and Yosemite NP are off the map.  Roughly speaking, the Northern sheet covers John Muir Wilderness and vicinity, the Middle sheet Kings Canyon, and the South sheet Sequoia NP.

      San Francisco, CA  94114-3707

      On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Roleigh Martin <roleigh@...> wrote:

      John, you are not looking at the map collection correctly.  One of the 3 maps shows that.  Remember there are three maps on two giant sheets of paper.  You have to reverse the one sheet to see the third map.  There is a Northern part, Central Part, and Southern Part.  It covers everything.  I know it does.  I'm going by memory but know this.  I wish I had it in front of me.  Have you looked at all 3 sections?

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic